Sunday, September 11, 2011

I REMEMBER

Today is September 11, 2011, I can't believe it has been ten years since that day that changed our world forever. Yes I remember where I was. I was living in post housing at Ft. Knox Kentucky I was 8 months pregnant with our youngest daughter Sarah and I had walked my two children to school that morning and came back home and instead of turning on the news like usual i climbed the stairs and layed back down, my sister Sandra called and asked me if I was watching the news I told her no I wasn't and she said that we were under attack and I should turn the news on because they were flying planes into our buildings. I remember looking out my bedroom window at the sky because I didn't know who or how we were being attacked or how large of an attack it was. I went down stairs turned on the television and watched the planes...our planes...being used to hit buildings and take lives of innocent people. I called my husband and he had been evacuated out of his building here at Ft. Knox. I went outside and  let a few of my neighbors know what was happening and was surprised to see Humvee's with gun racks mounted on top and larger military vehicles heading to my children's school. I knew they would be safe but it was still so unreal to me. I went back and watched the news and i knew that we were at war now and I wondered what it would mean for my family. At the end of the day I walked back down the hill to get my children from school but this time I had to show my military I.D to locked and loaded U.S Soldiers before I could pick them up and I knew then that our world had changed that day.

No comments: